- Join Our Network
- Provider Updates
- Find a Provider
- Pharmacy Tools
- Forms and Reference Materials
- FQHC/RHC: Guidelines and Resources
- Medical Policies
- Quality Improvement: Guidelines and Resources
- Gateway to Practitioner Excellence®
- Model Of Care
- Provider Manual
- Provider Newsletters
- Medicare Compliance
- Reportable Conditions
- Payment Policies
- Contact Provider Services
- Coverage Requests, Complaints & Appeals
- Health & Wellness
- About Us
- Contact Us
Member Rights and Responsibilities
As a Gateway Member, you have the right to:
- Get information about Gateway, the services Gateway provides, doctors and other health care providers giving you care, and your rights and responsibilities as a Gateway member.
- Be treated with respect and recognition of dignity and right for privacy when receiving health care.
- Work with your doctor or other health care provider in making decisions about your health care and to express preferences about future treatment decisions.
- Openly discuss without any limitations by Gateway appropriate or medically necessary treatment choices for your condition with a doctor or other health care provider, including treatment options, risks of treatments, alternative therapies, and consultations or tests that may be self administered, regardless of the cost or if it is a benefit.
- Receive your medical and nursing care without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or without regard to whether you have an advance directive.
- Pick your own doctor from Gateway’s network of doctors.
- Refuse care from certain doctors.
- File a complaint or grievance about Gateway or the care it provides.
- Make recommendations regarding Gateway’s members’ rights and responsibilities policies.
- Request a fair hearing from the Department of Public Welfare.
- Prepare a Living Will and/or Advance Directive.
- See, or have your medical record copied, within federal and state laws, and to request that your medical record be changed or corrected within federal laws.
- Have your medical records kept private and confidential.
As a Gateway Member you have a responsibility to:
- Give information to your doctor, other health care provider, or Gateway so they can provide care to you.
- Follow the instructions and treatment plans that you agreed on with your doctor or other healthcare provider.
- Provide consent to healthcare providers and Gateway to help them manage your care, to improve your health or for research.
- Understand your health problems. As much as you can, take part in making a plan for treatment goals with your doctor or other health care providers.
- See the doctor you picked on a regular basis.
- Treat the people giving you medical care with the same respect and kindness you expect for yourself.
Si desea una copia de los derechos y responsabilidades de los miembros del Plan de Salud Gateway, llame al 1-800-392-1147.
Derechos y Responsabilidades de las Miembros Declaracion.